Friday, October 12, 2007

Flying Pill Box


Wed Oct 3rd

Well I should be somewhere over the Midwest by now on my way to the fine state of New Jersey. The usual late night laundry packing session went on flawlessly followed by a very short night’s sleep, one of my trademarks before getting on one of these airborne pill boxes. I’m on US Airways this time, and it’s just the same as every other airline I’ve flown. Shitty. I understand making the most out of your time and space when it comes to business economics, but when a city bus flat out ROCKS you In the comfort department I think it’s time to make some changes. In fact I ENJOY the city buses. And if you’ve been to Phoenix you know that the public transport is thin out our way, and the city bus is reserved for only the desperate and the ruined; but hell that adds to the personality of it. I’m pretty deft at striking up a conversation but not with the dullards you find on a cross country flight. That’s one of the beauties of flying Southwest for me- find yourself the best group of boozehounds and try to end up in line next to them, it’ll make for a much more entertaining flight in comparison to being the 14C gamble; which is where I’m sitting at right now.
I do commend the steward staff though. They have to put up with these ungodly dregs day in and out. I wonder if they fall asleep every night swearing that if they have to watch Evan All Mighty one more time they’ll eat the next bullet they can scrum up. I hear that Continental still serves chow on most flights as part of the flight. If I want a delectable egg sammich off this cart that will surely smash into my arm here in the next two minutes (fucking aisle seat) it’s going to run my ass $7. How is it that these seats were designed that my extremely undersized freak show shoulders can’t be within the boundaries of the seat? I would say that most of the ladies I know in this world have a wider shoulder berth than I do, what kind of fucking jerk off would do this to his fellow man?
Ah well soon I’ll be dining in a fine Jewish deli and then desert at an NYC Sake bar where I doubt I’ll be bitching about much. My roommate did try to rub it in that he scored tickets to a Tuaca Party; Tuaca by the way is my favorite I could live off the stuff for days. Well probably just hours, it’s no sippin tea if Uncle Greg has a glassful. But the Tuaca party is a body paint party, so he’ll be hangin with a bunch of hot nude lasses drinking my favorite before during and after dinner drink come Sunday. Maybe there was a tinge of jealousy, but somehow when I’m partying in Times Square with company credit card in hand and no real budget to adhere to I think that jealousy will be checked at the door to the nearest VIP club. But for now I’m just going to focus on that Jewish deli, because even that $7 egg sammich sounded tempting. Mmmmmmmmmmm airline mayo…

No comments: